I traded my Colombo flight for Istanbul to catch the tulips festival. I was unlucky to arrive on a cold rainy day. So tulips admiring resulted to through the bus windows.
As usual, I got changed and head out. With the change of plans due to the weather, I decided to watch Fast and Furious 7 at the mall next door. Just like everyone else, I got tears at the end. It was hard to accept that this was the end, and this means goodbye forever to Brian, or Paul.
There's something I find unique about the cinemas in Istanbul. They actually have a 10mins break in the middle of the movie for people to grab some snacks or visit the loo. The screen would of course be showing some advertisements too. I kinda appreciate the break cause I really needed to use the toilet.
After 3 hours of movie, I went back to the hotel ready to hit the sack. So lights off and I continued checking Facebook on my iPhone. And that's when the other party in my room decided to reveal itself to me. The room was pitch black with only lights coming from my phone screen. I was staying on the 6th floor and other buildings around were probably only 3 storeys high. All of a sudden a bright orange "lightning" happened in my room. It was so quick I could not identify the light source so I ignored it. About 15mins later it happened again and I had no idea where it came from. I really didn't put much thoughts into it. Until later on when the 2 lamps beside my bed came on really slowly (like someone was twisting the brightness adjustment switch) and then went off. I got up, turned on the main lights and checked those switches. There's no on and off switch for those lamps, only the one to adjust the brightness. They were clearly at the zero brightness position. So lights off, back to sleep checking the phone.
Guess what, this time it came back on again and only the left side and it remained lit. Okay buddy, I guess you're trying to tell me you're sleeping beside me eh? (I was sleeping on the right side.)
Again I got up, checked the switches and called the reception. They promised to send maintenance but no one appeared. I was so tired, so I decided to fix things myself. This time, I removed the bulbs to make sure they don't come on again, said a prayer and slept like a baby.
No majestic or beautiful sight seeing this time but I tried the Turkish bath at the hotel. Paid 160 Turkish Lyras for the full package which lasted for an hour.
First the lady would bring you into a room made of marble, lay you down on the marble deck ready to slaughter you and bathe you. Then she'll put on her scrubbing gloves and begin scrubbing every inch of your body. I was surprised with the amount of dirt and dead skin that came off. Eww.
After washing the dirt off, honey will be applied all over your body with some light massage during application. You'll be left alone for 5 mins after that for the honey to be absorbed. Once she comes back she'll grab a towel and as she squeezes it, a thick layer of foam will be on your body.
For the next 15mins she'll be working her way on every inch of your body massaging and washing the honey away.
It was a great experience for me until something begin hitting my face. As I opened my eyes I realized it was her tummy fats hitting against my face as she massaged my shoulders. -_______-
Overall experience was great, got up feeling a pound lighter and silky smooth!
Recommended for a try.
The hotel I stayed in was Titanic Port Hotel Bakirkoy.
Probably the worst I stayed in all my time flying. Apart from the haunted light bulbs, they refused to turn on the air condition and insisted for us to open the windows cause the weather outside is cold.
It was stupid. The bustling noise from the streets didn't gave us our much needed rest for our next flight.
That's about it. Here's 2 tulips outside of the hotel. Will come back for them next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment