One of the places I'm really glad I visited in Paris was the Jean-Paul Hévin Chocolatier. Its not only famous for it's chocolate and desserts, but it's well known for the exotic hot chocolate flavors it produces.
Here's how the shop looks like. Classy and elegant.
Once you enter, you'll be greeted by friendly attendants and the amazing selection of chocolates and desserts.
Endless selections of melt-in-the-mouth chocolates.
And chocolate base desserts.
And macarons!
If you opt to dine in, you must first choose your choice of desserts downstairs before heading to the cafe above.
As for me, I chose 5 pieces of macarons.
There's a stairs by the left leading to the cafe.
You can choose to sit by the bar.
Or normal dining tables.
I chose 1 of the table in the inner corner. This is my view ;)
The cafe was pretty packed even though it's almost closing time.
Almost immediately I was offered a menu which is completely in French. Remember the exotic hot chocolate drink? I have no idea which one is it :P
How exotic you may ask? If I'm not mistaken, they have 1 hot chocolate with oyster. Yes. Oyster.
Being not so adventurous and the only words I probably understood was "Chocolate" and "Matcha" I went on and ordered the Hot chocolate with Matcha to go with my macarons.
I guess they thought I wanted to take out initially, so they packed my macarons in their beautiful box and bag.
It's properly protected on the inside to avoided smashing.
My choices were coffee, chocolate, violet(tasted fruity), salted praline and pistachio.
These 5 fellas cost 8euros if I didn't remember wrongly.
Here comes my hot chocolate with matcha.
The hot chocolate was rich by the matcha managed to tone down the sweetness making it just fine.
As for the macarons, I really enjoyed them as most of them were chocolates based and they're not too sweet, just nice for my liking. The texture was great too.
Christmas decorations by the glass window.
Will I still come back my next layover? Hell yeah! Must try their cakes and other desserts. Highly recommended place!
No comments:
Post a Comment